Monday, December 28, 2009

Inbetween the Holidays!

Here we are in "tween" time, not Christmas or Chanukah, and not yet New Years. So many people, including me in the past, sort of view this week as a "throw away" week in terms of health and fitness. After all, why not wait until after the first of the new year to really buckle down and get serious?

Well, my strong suggestion is to Carpe Diem, seize this day and embrace NOW whatever your health and fitness priorities are TODAY! I promise that if you focus today on YOU, you will immediately begin to feel better, be encouraged and see results. There is no time like the present to embrace the importance of you! You are worth it! Love you more than you love empty calories!

I had a wonderful holiday. If you read my last post, you know that I gave myself a day off on the 24th and 25th. I had treats and enjoyed every one of them! It did feel very good, however, to go right back on program on the 26th! I actually did a Jay Robb's 3-day Fruit Flush to help balance out my system. Today is my final day of the flush and tomorrow I will resume my normal eating habits of lots of lean protein, whole grains (in 1/2 cup portions) fresh vegetables and fruits, healthy fats, and lots of water and herbal teas.

I did keep up on fitness everyday though! On the 24th, my trainer kicked my butt. Thank you Kathi! On the 25th, we took a nice long walk up a big hill! I did yoga on the 26th and a 90 minute killer workout on the 27th! Today I will do 60 minutes of cardio. It feels good!!!

I am teetering on the brink of cresting 60 pounds and I will be excited to share with you when I hit that milestone!

Fun detail - I bought a pair of cute size 10 jeans that actually fit well! They have adorable buttons and crystals on the back pockets......so fun! The best part is that I found them on sale at TJ Maxx for under $20! I love a bargain, that fits!

Desire, dedication and discipline.....it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment