Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Morning FF Latte

I just had a Friday morinng treat, a fat free decaf sugar free latte and it was yummy! It was my mid-morning 100 calories snack today! Friday mornings around my office are a challenge because around here it is "Free Breakfast Friday". The company supplies a breakfast buffett to all employees on Friday. They always put out quite a spread. This year, I have been simply avoiding the buffet. This morning I went down and had a bowl of fresh fruit. It was delicious. I walked right past the breakfast quesadillas, the sausage, the donuts, the eggs and waffles....etc. and just enjoyed the fruit.

It is truly AMAZING how much food is present in our lives. Yesterday, a tin of cookies arrived at the office from a business contact. Someone asked if I was going to have one and I said no thanks. I said that on Saturday I was preparing a special meal and I would enjoy that. Then I have a "free" day on 12/24 and 12/15. The woman I was talking to said "How do you do it??? How can you tell yourself that you won't eat treats except on designated days?" My answer is simple - DESIRE, DEDICATION AND DISCIPLE - once you have the mindset, the rest is easy.

I am now 56 pounds lighter in my journey. How is your journey going?

1 comment:

  1. my journey is ok. I am not nearly as disciplined as you are with respect to eating but I am certainly far better than I used to be. I don't eat cookies or junk any more, snack on "healthier" alternatives and I am mindful of all the junk around us. None in my house but certainly in the office this time of year. I am down about 11 pounds and 6.5 inches. I am proud of my progress. thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete