Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mid-Week Slump

On Wednesday, I typically feel happy that it is the middle of the week...today however, I feel like I am in a mid-week slump. I made my Ezekiel english muffin and 3 egg whites for breakfast with a delicious sweet juicy pear - it was all yummy, but it fed my stomach and not my soul. So I am reflecting on where my "slumped" mood may be coming from......if I figure it out, I will let you know! Maybe it was just the horrendous traffic I sat in this morning!

I watched the finale of The Biggest Loser last night and was so happy for the weight loss success of all of those people. What a journey they are on! I hope and pray they will be able to maintain their success on their own once the cameras have been turned off!

I have not watched each episode, but I do like how they find find a way to incorporate the contestant's emotional pain or baggage into their story line. Each of us is the sum of all of our experience and no one gets dealt a struggle-free life. We all face struggles, large and small. I do agree with Jillian and Bob (the trainers on the show) that it is necessary to be reflective and examine the source of over eating (or trying to medicate with drugs, alcohol or sex - think Tiger is listening?). Don't be afraid to look inside!

So, wishing you all a happy Wednesday. Go out and make it a great one!

1 comment:

  1. tough day at work that has turned into a tough evening at work! 9:20 pm and still at work. had to skip my training session and feel icky because of that. I never would have thought I would regret and miss working out. that's progress. thanks for continuing to be such an inspiration patty.

    ReplyDelete