Monday, December 21, 2009

Shed Another One!

Whew, made it through a packed weekend and shed another pound! I am now at 58 pounds down and staring at the big 60! So happy with my progress! YAY!

This weekend was filled with holiday gatherings galore....and I still shed a pound! Hurrah! I baked cookies and tasted them. It was very satisfying....my beautiful sister came over to help with the baking, which allowed me to also make a big pot of delicious bean, ham and vege soup! So last night, we all had soup for dinner with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top. I served mini rolls with the soup (broth from a ham bone, leeks, carrots, celery, onions white beans and garlic) and cookies for desert. I served bourbon balls, date nut bars, gingerbread people and brownies - cut into very small bite size pieces. I have decided that if the taste is small enough, it can be legal!!!

I also kicked my own ass in the gym yesterday. It felt great. I had an awesome yoga session on Saturday morning too....so very satisfying!

We saw some of our most favorite people on Saturday for dinner. We were with our dear friends that we have know for 20 years. These folks are the picture of health and fitness - they really do live it all the time....and yet this perfectly shaped and toned gorgeous woman still wants to shed a few pounds. It is amazing how linked we all are with the desire to seek better health and fitness levels! I enjoyed our conversation about what works ( and what doesn't work) for her.

So, no matter where you are on your journey, just know that we are all around you in different shapes and sizes and stages of our journey. Just reach out and ask for help when you need it.

Desire, dedication and discipline - make it happen - even through the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment