Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One More Challenge

I am not sure what energy is following me this year, but another major event occurred that is a major stressor!

On Sunday night, Mom fell, fractured her trochanter (pper end of the femur) and had surgery on Monday night to fix it. Dad called me and we were there in a flash, loaded her into the ambulance, spent most of the night in the ER then had another very late night Monday because the surgery was at night.

I am very thankful that she did not need a complete hip replacement. She will bounce back much quicker from this surgical fix. But it is another pretty big stress point this year! Between grandmother, brother, husband and now Mom...I hope I am done for the year!!!

I did manage to get in a workout on Monday night while waiting for the surgery. I was home last night in time to do a 40 minute neighborhood walk with one bug hill. I know, that is a very light workout for me, but tonight I will have my butt kicked by my trainer to make up for it!

I honestly don't think I could have successfully navigated the first 3 months of this year without staying true to my workouts. The stress relief alone from the exercise is major. Also fueling the machine (me) with proper nutrition enables me to keep up the energy to do the workouts.

The doc said Mom (age 80) was a perfect candidate for full recovery because of her terrific muscle tone - she goes to the gym 3-4 times a week plus does a lot of walking. So get out there and keep exercising!!!

Desire to maintain excellent physical health and conditioning, dedication to fit it all in no matter what else is swirling around you and discipline to get your mind and butt in gear!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy mom is doing well and that you are keeping up with your regiment.

    ReplyDelete