Saturday, January 9, 2010

Steady as She Goes...

At my weigh in this morning I learned that I have stayed steady with my weight. To be completely honest, I am frustrated and struggling to celebrate that I am learning how to maintain. My frustration comes from wanting to shed a few more pounds off of my frame. And I will! I vow to continue my efforts and to move forward for more success.

It has been a stressful week, and research tells us that it is harder to shed weight under stress. My grandmother is near death and my parents flew to northern Georgia to be with her. Grandma is 102 so I am not consumed with sadness for her imminent passing. I actually want to celebrate her life. She was an Italian immigrant in the early part of the last century. She had 3 children and wonderful families (like mine!) ensued.

I am worried about my Dad and his pain at seeing his Mom pass on. I don't think it gets any easier, even when the person is 102 and has lived a good full long life! I will use this time of transition to stay focused and healthy so I can be there for my parents.

So, tonight I am making a stir fry with chicken broth, garlic, (no oil) extra lean ground turkey, summer squash, onion, red pepper, orange pepper, broccoli, green cabbage and tomato. It looks wonderful, smells great and is almost ready to be served up. Sliced pineapple beckons for dessert...YUM!

I hope you are enjoying a healthy Saturday night, whatever that is!

Desire, dedication and discipline...persevere!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Patty!

    Nice Blogs! I work with Allen at CLS and he shared your blog link. I have read through your blogs and think that what you have accomplished in 2009 is GREAT and the stretch goal you have set for yourself in 2010 is wonderful! Allen is so proud of you and I thanked him for sharing your blog link with me. Like Allen, I do a bit of bragging about my boyfriend Malachi who is aspiring to be a professional bodybuilder. I happily share his website for all to see his accomplishments...malachiwalker.com- check it out! Although I have always led an active lifestyle, he definitely takes it to the next level and has shown me ways to EAT more (cuz I LOVE FOOD) and lose weight of course while excersing (dancing is my weakness)! Anyway, when Malachi is not competing, he is spends time at World Gym in Pacific Beach, running his personal training business while helping people reach their personal fitness goals. It's always great to hear of people who chose to make Life Style Changes. If you are interested in seeing some amazing looking bodies, then let me invite you into the bodybuilding world to maybe come and check out a contest. I went to my first contest back in 2007. The physiques on these people (men and women) are incredible. If going to see a Live anatomy show interests you at all, let me know and I can touch base with Allen of when the next local show is held.:) Patty, I wish you the best of luck as you continue with your personal journey. Thanks for sharing!! - Dalinda Banuelos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pattie,
    Allen shared your blog with us at work and I felt the urge to write here too. Thank you for sharing your journey - i believe life's journeys are opportunities for us to grow. I feel i have been blessed to see some amazing places in this world and meet some very interesting and amazing people along the way.
    Am an eternal optomist and try to find the light or smile in all that i come in contact with. My passions are my horse , my dog, my family and making sure i learn something new each day. Traveling and learning are high on my list of fun things to do. I find joy in watching our children be parents and seeing them show the passion that we felt when they were little and learning.
    All this to say - Allen shared this will good will in his heart and as Dalinda said he is very proud of you and shares that.

    Nice to meet you by blog ...times have changed.

    My best Dorothy Campbell..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dalinda and Dorothy for your wonderful comments! And thank you for being great colleagues to Allen!

    ReplyDelete