Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

So, here we are at the start of Thanksgiving week! I definitely invest time in reflecting on the amazing abundance in my life, for which I give thanks regularly!

However, for those of us on a quest for a healthier smaller body, Thanksgiving week also represents a minefield of calories and unhealthy choices. So, I resolve to approach this week with a desire to enjoy it and all it brings to me, with dedication to my fitness (even doubling up on workouts the day before and the day after) goals and with the discipline to define when I can have special treats. I am allowing myself a "free" day on Thanksgiving day and a "free" day on Saturday when we celebrate Allen's birthday.

For me, loving myself enough to be disciplined about when to flex and not going "hog wild is an important component of my success.

What are your strategies for success through Thanksgiving week?

2 comments:

  1. aunt patty - you rock. you really are an inspiration. keep it going! love you.

    ReplyDelete