Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Sunday! I love Sunday's for so many reasons, but mostly because I can take as long as I want at the gym and not feel time pressure. Sunday's I do an hour of weight training and 45 minutes of cardio. It feels luxurious to invest all that time in me!

Sunday is also the day I think about food the most...the marketing, food prep for snacks for the week and what will the evening meals probably be????

For me, this journey has had a dominant focus on food and eating. I have always been a healthy eater. I just had to focus on portion control and planning. For instance, right now, I am roasting a leg of lamb for dinner tonight. We will probably have a lamb stir-fry for dinner tomorrow and a lamb bean soup on Tuesday. I also chopped up celery and carrots and put them into zip lock baggies for my snack bag this week, enough for sharing!

I find that if I have good choices available to me that it is (almost) easy to resist all of the temptation that presents itself throughout the day. Believe it or not, if I have sliced red bell pepppers and carrots to crunch on, I literally don't want the cookies and candy that flood the office on a regular basis.

I imagine that my biggest challenge to reaching my next goal will be sugar.....it is like crack cocaine to me....so bad for you and so hard to resist. Of course, my ultimate goal is lifetime maintenance.....for sure it will be an ongoing journey.

A woman came up to me in the gym today to compliment me. She said..."You are wasting away to nothing!"...which isn't true but sure is fun to hear! We chatted for a few minutes and she said I had inspired her to attack her stubborn 10 pounds. In turn, she shared one of her favorite exercises which I added to my workout today. I love the sharing and give and take!

I am plateauing right now. My weight hasn't changed in 2 weeks. My positive rational brain says.....it's good to learn how to maintain....my emotional brain is very frustrated. If you have any ideas on how to break a plateau, please let me know!

So I am off to enjoy dinner with Allen. Yummy roast lamb, roasted butternut squash and carrots and a big mixed green salad with evoo and lemon juice. Yummmmy in my tummmmy!

C u 2mrw!

No comments:

Post a Comment