Sunday, March 17, 2013

Glorious Glorious Sunday!

Ever had one of those Sundays where it was absolute perfection?  That describes my day today!  A nice little sleep in with the most perfect husband on the planet, a nice long beach walk in Carlsbad (a few communities north of us), the skies went from overcast to brilliant sunshine during our walk exploring unfamiliar neighborhoods, followed by a yummy healthy breakfast outside overlooking the ocean, topped off by a nice long soak with the latest Coastal Living magazine and a nap.....

I am a simple person.....I love today!!!

So my glorious Sunday followed an amazing Saturday.  I had a full day planned with a dear friend who cancelled at the last minute due to illness.  So, I had a full day, after my workouts of course, open in front of me.  Believe me, that is a rarity for me.  So, at the last minute, I scooped up my Mom and we dropped in on the La Costa Spa (about 3 miles from my house) for some amazing last minute spa treatments.  AAAAHHHHHAAAA!  Afterwards, I did grocery shopping then came home and made a delicious healthy dinner for us.

What does all this have to do with my healthy journey, you might ask?  Well, this weekend I believe the universe has surrounded me with an amazing energy to pause, relax, slow down and enjoy life.

I am filled with gratitude.

Desire to just slow down sometimes.  Dedication to share the joy with others.  Discipline to recognize the opportunity to pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment