Sunday, January 6, 2013

Old Friends and Good Times!

We had dear friends stay with us this weekend AND I did it!  I stayed on track!  I did my workouts!  I cooked healthy!  I ate healthy!  I am proud of myself!

Entertaining friends is a powerful trigger to stray off plan.  I vowed this weekend to be true to myself.  Hurray!

I invited my girlfriend to the gym with me where we did cardio and worked with my trainer togther with weight training.  Then we went to Starbucks for a treat.  I had a small nonfat sugar free decaf latte, about 100 calories.

Then we had lunch at the beach.  I had a nicoise salad with no dressing.  Then we hung out in the back yard sunshine.  Everyone else was sipping (drinking) their favorite adult beverage while I drank mineral water (zero calories).  I ate carrots while they noshed cheese and nuts.

I cooked a dinner of roasted root veges and oven roasted salmon with s side of tossed green salad.  They drank wine while I drank water.  Desert was fresh blueberries and strawberries.  I had mine plain while they drizzled liquor on their.

I am not trying to sound sanctimonious, just trying to reinforce a point to myself, and to you, that we can do anything we set our minds to.

How are you doing with your intentions?  My yoga teacher, Judy, asked me - in one word, how would you sum up your desire for 2013?  I thought about it and said "Lighter".  I want to be lighter physically and I want to lighten up mentally, not be as intense about things as I can be, 

What is your word?

Desire to be lighter.  Discipline to do lighter things.  Dedication to love a lighter life.





No comments:

Post a Comment