Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Little Less Laboring Please

I don't know if it is the hot weather, the increased stress at work, the addition of one more weight training session a week or just too many sun spots....but I have had to drag myself to my workouts for the past couple of weeks.  My workouts have become a real drain instead of an energizer.  I don't like that feeling!  The good news is that I have, in fact, drug myself to all my workouts, meaning I have not missed any, even though I felt like missing a few!

So, perhaps it is a good thing that we are going on vacation.  I know that many experts tell us that taking a break from our normal routine can have beneficial effects.  My intention is that this vacation will give me some time away so I can return refreshed and invigorated. 

Now, you know me by now.  I will not avoid exercise while on vacation, in fact, I plan to work in something vigorous everyday.  We will be on the Cape, so lots of opportunity for beach walks and swimming abound!   Besides, I have to stay active so I can enjoy the culinary treats (lobster) that Massacheusetts offers!

My goal is to channel, Sarah, one of the members of our community.  She went on vacation and lost weight!!!!  I KNOW!!!!  If that isn't an awesome accomplishment, I don't know what is!

So feel free to send me some relaxation ju-ju.  I will accept all that comes my way!

Desire to relax and enjoy.  Dedication to stay active while on vacation.  Discipline to become Sarah and return lighter than today!

2 comments:

  1. Massage before one gets on the plane sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patty! I've been a little off the wagon since I got BACK from vacation, so kudos might need to be tempered. :) But I'm starting Sonoma style eating again today, and writing everything down. If you make it to Boston with time to kill let me know - would be lovely to meet you for a bit - even if for a walk!

    ReplyDelete