Saturday, December 17, 2011

Swappin' Cookies - Hope for Rice Krispy Treats

I was invited to a cookie swap party today.  I tried a new recipe for gingerbread biscotti dipped in white chocolate.  (Yes, they were delicious!) I arrived at the party and was surrounded by TONS of kids.  I was the only one who made a "grown-up" cookie choice.  So, as the cookie platters were passed out to the kids to fill with the cookies everyone had brought.......I watched as each and every kid skipped over the biscotti in favor of the kiddie oriented treats.  Now, I am familiar with rice krispy treats but I had not heard of devil's food cookies made from a box mix with canned frosting. I also learned you can make a "cookie" by pouring melted butter and brown sugar over graham crackers sprinkled with nuts.  Or, a "cookie" made by melting a Rolo candy on top of a little pretzel.  The kid friendly cookies just went on and on.

Then the grown-ups all descended on my biscottis.  It was easy for me to avoid most all of the cookies. They simply did not look good!  So, a new secret discovered - go to cookie swaps that are overrun with kids!  It is easy to refuse those types of cookies!

I hope you are enjoying the season as much as we are!  My brother and his family arrive this week.  I can't wait!  His 2 sons will be staying at our house.  They are 14 and 16 and I love them to distraction!  It is going to be AWESOME having them here for Christmas and New Years!  Instead of cookies in the cookie jar, I am filling it with Kathi's awesome fit bites so they will have healthy snacking available!  There will also be a full basket of fruit on the counter at all times!  We plan to take them to the gym and for lots of walks on the beach.  FUN, Fun, fun!!!

Wishing you and yours lots of love, health and family and friends to share!

Desire to embrace the season.  Dedication to keeping healthy choices available. Discipline to keep exercising throughout it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment