Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday's Triple Header

This morning I did an hour of cardio on the cross trainer...worked up a really good sweat.  Then I worked out with Kathi for an hour....more sweat and things like a 1-leg stand up to a lateral raise - fun!  Then I finished the morning with 75 minutes of "serenity" yoga.  It was a perfect Saturday morning!

I had oatmeal and blueberries before the workout.  Then I had some Fit Bites in between weight training and yoga.  I was pretty hungry at that point and couldn't wait until lunch to eat something!

I love this particular Saturday morning yoga class.  The teacher is Trisha Kelly, one of the founders of The Soul of Yoga in Encinitas.  The class,called Serenity, is a combination of a good stretch and mind candy in the form of words of wisdom from Trisha.  She is a pretty amazing yogi and it is so wonderful to be in her class!  Today she was sharing quotes, one about how voicing feelings of inadequacy or "less than" is simply self-indulgence masked in self-pity.  This guru was advocating that if we have any of thsoe feelings that we need to turn them into self-admiration and pure love.  What a great lesson to internalize!

I have been battling feelings of frustration because I have not lost any weight in a really long time.  I find myself feeling that I am not finished with my weight loss efforts, which is really a masking of not being good enough yet.  So, Trisha's words this morning gave me pause to reflect and be grateful that I was in that class and had a chance to hear the lesson.

I also have been enjoying Pink's new song, F-ing Perfect.  I know it is a song about teenage angst, nonetheless, I do love the lyrics during the chorus - "Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel, like you're less than, less than perfect.....you are perfect to me...

To all my loved ones out there - please hear the words, let them sink in, marinate in them, BELIEVE THEM!  Wherever you are in your healthy journey, you are perfect, right now.


Desire to marinate in perfection.  Dedication to sharing positive ideas with all my awesome friends and family. Discipline to practice what I preach.

 

2 comments:

  1. Love, Love the notion of "Marinating in Perfection" (food & spirituality rolled into ONE) Thanks for the inspiration!

    Oh! And LOVE the new pink stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Marinating in pink striped perfection!

    ReplyDelete