Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hungry Girl Is on the Food Network!

Good morning!  It is Sunday morning and I am waiting for my stomach to settle (from breakfast) before going to workout, so the TV is on.  Guess what???? Hungry Girl has a TV show!  How fun!  I have been visiting her website for ahwile, so it is really fun to see her on TV.

This morning she is talking about chip swaps, oven toasted lahvosh cut into squares...a big bowl for only 200 calories and almost no fat!  Then she made crispy kale chips.  They are simply kale that she ripped into chip size pieces, sprayed with olive oil spray and sprinkled with salt, then roasted in the oven.  I am going to make both.  They look delicious!

Then she showed how to make a baked "french fry" out of butternut squash - something I had not thought of but will definitely try!

On a different note - I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  I know I am.  Please remember to pause and send up a prayer for the countless fallen heroes who have made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can live our lives to the fullest!

Desire to find new ways to be successful on my healthly journey.  Dedication to remembering our fallen Veteerans.  Discipline to engage creativity to new ways of satisfying tastebuds!

1 comment:

  1. Hungry Girl!!! Yay! Her swaps are great inspiration! Her passion for swapping & food=fun with food! I liked how you said; "...so that we could live our lives to the fullest." I hadn't heard it said like that before...usual references say, "for our freedom, or "to keep us free"....your words are more meaningful to me. Thanks for the new presective!

    ReplyDelete