Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Gift of a Little Perspective

OK, so it was more than just a little.....this week I had to go for a follow-up mammogram and ultra sound.  It turned out to be a completely innocent little cyst and absolutely nothing to worry about.  Of course, leading up to that glorious good news were many mental what ifs and significant moments of fear.

After it was all over, I decided to use this experience as a way to maintain perspective on health and weight.  Being overweight is a contributing factor to many health issues.  So, I am more determined than ever to continue my losing journey.  Getting to an even healthier weight will be like good insurance for future years. As we age (if we are lucky enough to get to age!) our metabolism slows with every passing year, so we will all be faced with having to eat less and move more just to maintain!

So, my Father's Day celebration was a mix of celebrating and trying to balance intake.  I did a 2+ hour workout in the morning, so I felt good about my calorie burn for the day.  I bought my Dad a few special pieces of See's candy and bought myself some sugar free peanut brittle at the same time.  I have to say the sugar free peanut brittle is delicious.  While it is not a low calorie food, it is much lower that it's full sugar sibling!

Desire to celebrate fully.  Dedication to gratitude for all my blessings.  Discipline to keep traveling my healthy journey.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for healthy journeys! Hooray for healthy girls!

    ReplyDelete