Saturday, May 21, 2011

Travel, Travel, Travel

Sorry for the silence last weekend.  We flew to Syracuse for my nephew's graduation from Syracuse University.  We are so proud of him and his accomplishments!

I managed to keep fairly close to my food plan, with just a few treats while traveling and celebrating his success!  On Friday, we hiked with our niece and nephew at the Buttermilk Falls State Park outside of Ithaca, so we got some great exercise! 

Then I really had some fun with my niece Alex (20) and my nephew Dominic (16) on Saturday after the convocation.  We did a workout together.  We all did some cardio and then they wanted me to show them some ab exercises.  I gave them each 3 different ones, each with 15 or 20 reps.  When they finished the first set, I told them to complete the set 3 times.  They were stunned!  Alex did a second set but not the third.  Dominic said....no way...he was one and done!  I loved that my core is so strong and that I could teach them not only how to strengthen their abs, but also teach them that you can be strong at any  age!

I came home from Syracuse and left on a business trip to Kansas City the following morning.  I got home Thursday evening worked out with my trainer and had to be at work Friday morning at 5 am to set up for Bike To Work Day.  We supported bike riders at 2 different stations near our office. 

So, basically, I am exhausted and will sleep as much as I can this weekend. Sleep is an important part of our healthy journey!  I will concentrate on centering myself this morning with a nice yoga class.  Then tomorrow morning, I will hit the gym for an hour of cardio and an hour or weights.  Should be an awesome weekend!

Desire to teach and share.  Dedication to getting and staying strong.  Discipline to always circle back to nurture yourself in healthy ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment