Sunday, April 3, 2011

Celebrating 100 Today!

I think I look amazing for 100......100 posts, that is! :-) This is my 100th post and I want to thank you for being part of my journey! THANK YOU!

I am so grateful for so many things in my life. My healthy journey blog began as a way to help me navigate weight loss and a return to a healthier me. This journey has turned out to be so much richer and filled with so much more meaning. THANK YOU!

I am blessed beyond anything I could have imagined, including having the energy and positive will to succeed on my healthy journey. Every day I encounter opportunities to reflect on the blessings of my journey. Every day I am humbled by other people and what their journey includes. Every day I thank God for the chance to continue striving to make good choices, to include healthy activities and to practice learning the lessons that are placed in my path.

A co-worker of mine competed in his first half Ironman competition yesterday. He finished in a VERY respectable 5 1/2 hours! Go Ryan! On Friday, he shared with me his motivation. He has started a foundation to raise money to find a cure for multiple myeloma. He races to raise money for his foundation. Then he shared with me that his beloved Mom is battling the disease, was diagnosed 4 years ago when she turned 50. I could not have been more humbled.

When God opens a window to a lesson like that, it causes me to pause, reflect, be grateful for my blessings and also to think....what more can I be doing to help others.

I hope anyone reading this will do the same. Find a reason to give. Find a vehicle to share. Find a way to pay it forward. All of this matters.

So, happy 100th! THANK YOU for sharing and caring and being a part of my healthy journey!

Desire to contribute. Dedication to gratitude. Discipline to pay it forward to others.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ms. "100-Posts" Blogger! I especially like this '3-D' list...I know, I know, I always say that! I do, though! And...Thank you for opening up to your fans & applying all your discipline to writing something for us every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspirational and impressive. I can see why you arebso proud of your colleague. I'm also a bit hung up on the fact your coleague's mother is only 54.

    ReplyDelete