Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day and I'm Struggling.....

First of all, Happy Valentine's Day (tomorrow) to everyone! I hope you spend it with someone you love, could be another person, a furry person and/or yourself!

Last night I made a special dinner for my Valentine and also included my parents. It was their 60th Valentine celebration together! Allen proposed to me 24 years ago on Valentines Day! My idea was to serve food that was either pink or red. We started with a glass of blush champagne and a bruschetta with a spread of ricotta, sun dried tomatoes, basil and prosciutto on top. Then we had a cabernet with our sliced steak (pink in the middle) steamed crabs legs (pinky and white) and a vege of radicchio, red cabbage, red onion and red pepper. Desert was an angel food cake sliced into 3 layers with rasberries, strawberries and whipped cream between the layers. Very light and yummy. Our last course was chocolate truffles with a glass of ruby red port.

An indulgence? You bet. Was the celebration oflove worth it? You bet!

So, I am struggling because I have not lost a single pound this year yet. And I have been plateaued since last September. I recently had a doctor check up and something dawned on me....last August, I began a course of bio identical plant based cream hormones. I am convinced that this treatment, which is helping my body to regulate in other areas, is actually also stopping my body from shedding weight.

So, I will continue to strive on my healthy journey. This is the start of year #3! I am very proud of myself that I have found a way to stay forcused. I will shed more pounds this year. I just think I have to be extra patient and dilligent and watchful of my intake and exercise, while persevering.

Desire to be a lighter (15 more pounds please) version of myself. Dedication to a lifetime healthy journey, not just a temporary diet. Discipline to keep my eye on the prize - GOOD GREAT HEALTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment