Sunday, May 9, 2010

Always a Lesson

Yes, Virgina, everything in life is an opportunity to learn something. I have been at the same weight for a month now, aka a plateau....

I have had a perfectly wonderful weekend, including a fabulous yoga session on Saturday morning. I did 90 minutes of self-practice and it was awesome! I was able to really "be on the mat" and enjoy the moment by moment of my practice. I found myself floating from asana to asana and was able to open moments to reflect and enjoy the immense gratitude I feel for the abundance in my life....the abundance of great health, of opportunity to do good work, to love and be loved, and to have freedom in every part of my life to make good choices.

So, there must be a lesson there to help me persevere through this plateau....YES, I will sit with the possibility that this plateau will teach me an important new lesson. I embrace this plateau and everything it has to offer so I can learn something new.

I promise I will share with you when I figure out this life lesson.

Desire to continue on this path, dedication to continue shedding weight and the discipline to stay true to healthy eating and exercise choices!

4 comments:

  1. Great teachers tell us that the lesson is never hidden, it's the most obvious thing. Your description of the connection between your yoga session and your feelings/practice of gratitude was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that sometimes the body needs time to get used to the new weight before it can let go of more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great teacher to me!

    ReplyDelete