Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude and Grace

Thanksgiving is a time of year to reflect on and express gratitude for our blessings.  I believe that gratitude is the foundation for our healthy journeys. 

As I thought about this post, our Thanksgiving post, I considered lots of different options.  There are so many things to think about.......eating healthy over Thanksgiving; not gaining weight over Thanksgiving; low fat and low calorie recipes to add to the Thanksgiving table; walking 10,000 steps on Thanksgiving to help mitigate the 4,000 calories that the average American will consume on Thanksgiving day.....and so much more.

Instead I decided it was much more important to focus on gratitude.  I think practicing gratitude prepares us to be a vessel to receive grace.  I have heard others express that perspective.  It makes sense to me.  As I scan my immediate world, the opportunity to be grateful is overwhelming.  The love that surrounds me, the abundance of material things, my friends and family, the great work I get to do, the best husband on the planet, living in San Diego, my health, my focus on my healthy journey to improve my health, course correct and celebrate health, and so much more.

My wish for you this Thanksgiving is that you will scan your world and immerse yourself in gratitude for all of your blessings.  Then use that state of grace to share with others around you who are in need.  That is the true meaning and purpose of this wonderful holiday.

Oh yeah....AND eat drink and be merry and enjoy whatever you decide is worth enjoying!  Tomorrow we can exercise and restrict our intake once again!

Desire to be filled with grace.  Dedication to practice gratitude for our blessings.  Discipline to share our blessings with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment