Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Beat Goes On.....

....and it is too bad, for sure.  This week, a friend of mine who is not even 30 yet, told me she is going to do a cleanse.  This young woman is a wonderful person, a professional, a yogi and a delight to be around.  I asked her what type of cleanse and why?  She said a friend of hers had lost 30 pounds in 60 days by using a product purchased on the internet for $200.  My friend is as slim as a reed and could possibly be under weight.  She definitely does not have any weight to drop.  We spoke about the dangers of not knowing what was in the "cleanse" product and of her not needing to adjust her weight.  She is convinced she needs to loose weight.

So, I say the beat goes on......another wonderful woman, a generation younger than I am, as she is struggling with her self-image, for no good apparent reason.   Let's all work towards a future that teaches girls to love and accept themselves.  Let's first begin with ourselves.  Let's be sure to shower ourselves with love, compassion, acceptance and healthy choices.  I don't mean that it is wrong to want to be at a lower healthier weight.  Many of us can gain health benefits by striving for a lower weight in a healthy way.  Let's just love and accept ourselves along the journey. 

Not to get all Gandi on you, or anything, but we have to be the change we want to see in the world.  I want my friend to look in the mirror and be in love with her amazing self.  So guess what, I go first and lead the way!  JOIN ME!!!

Desire to be in love with me.  Dedication to being a positive example in this world.  Discipline to focus on health and fitness every step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Now, that's a bandwagon I can join! (I think you're maavelous, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete