Sunday, October 21, 2012

Restructuring Is Good!

You have probably heard a great deal about how companies restructure for better efficiency and effectiveness.  How often do we look at our own routine and find a way to restructure for better results?

Well, I am doing just that this weekend.  In addition to "restructuring" my hair style (hence the updated photo), I am looking at my "normal" weekly schedule in an effort to find more calm and peace during my hectic days.  My typical day is to wake at 5:30, leave for the office at 6:30, then to try to leave the office in time to do an hour workout every evening (yoga, cardio and/or weight training) and be home before 7pm, shower, fix a light meal and then get in bed by 9:30 so I can get up and do it all over again.  By Friday eve, I am simply wiped out.

So, I am thinking about how to restructure my evenings.  When I feel the most stress is when I have to rush home to change and get to a class or a scheduled session with my trainer.  So I thought..... what if I could reduce my stress by having fewer weekday evening commitments?  I still want and need to exercise every day, that will not change.  So, I am going to go back to doing my own yoga with the help of a DVD set that Allen gave me for my birthday.  That way, I don't have to stress about either packing my yoga stuff into the car on Wednesday mornings or rushing home in time to change and get back out to the class.  Similarly, I am going to cut back to one session with my trainer per week on Saturday mornings.  For the mid-week session I am going to do a workout at home on my new Step 360, awesome cardio (which I need more of) and again eliminating the stress of needing to be "on time" for yet another appointment.

These changes will open up the possibility of increased calm and peace, while still allowing me to achieve my fitness goals.  I will let you know how it goes!

Desire to increase the calm.  Dedication to keep exercising.  Discipline to restructure and try something new.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your restructured plan will also save you $ - double bonus! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I love positive unintended consequences! Hope you are happy and well! Ready for Frankenstorm?

      Delete