Sunday, August 5, 2012

C-O-N-T-R-O-L!

Realistically, I realize that I have very little, if any, control over most of my life.  I know the "big guy" upstairs holds the real control.  Still, there are times when I pretend I do.  Yesterday was one of those days.  In honor of my Dad's birthday, I stopped in at See's Candies to select a few sweet treats for him.  [Note: I hand selected a few of his favorites (anything with coconut in it) that went into a small box.]

An important detail is that whenever you walk into a See's store, they offer you a free sample.  So, when asked, I responded with "I'll have a scotch mallow please."  I am not a big chocolate person, but that particular piece of candy is superbly delicious!  Here is where my control kicked in.....I brought that single piece home with me, put it in a little ziplock baggie and put it into the back of my refirgerator, where it will stay until I am ready to eat it!

I held firm at the birthday celebration with no breads, no wine, no homemade chocolate cake or ice cream, and instead opted for some fresh blueberries and watermelon.

I am not ready to reintroduce all sugars into my diet again.  It has been 34 days with no processed sugar and I actually FEEL the difference.  I went 3 weeks with no sugars at all.  Then at day 22 I re-introduced fresh fruit.  Now, I have added a few other carbs like like oatmeal and Ezekiel toast.  I feel healthy, I feel strong and I feel happy.  Not a bad outcome!

Have you tried eliminating sugars?  If you do, let me know how it goes for you!

Desire to feel good.  Dedication to controlling impulses.  Discipline to keep the piece of candy in the back of the refrigerator.    

No comments:

Post a Comment