Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hiking and Snorkeling and Kayaking, Oh My!!!!

Aloha from fantasy land. I am celebrating my birthday on Oahu this year. For the first 4 days, we played on Waikiki at the Hilton Hawaiian Village with our newly promoted Admiral, Allie. We did lots of fun things and had a ball! On Saturday, my birthday, we transitioned to the north shore and the Turtle Bay Resort, and continue the fun by ourselves.

I know I am in vacation mode, and therefore consuming many more calories, but I am also getting much more activity through the day. So far we did a KILLER hike up Koko Head. It is literally railroad ties in the side of a mountain straight up for 1,050 steps. Allen and Allie made it to the top. I went up about 3/4 of the way. What made me turn around was the bridge over a ravine where the railroad ties were far apart enough to easily fall through.....no thank you! We also did a great kayak trip out to some islands, about a 2 mile round trip. We hiked out to Makapuu point, another great uphill sweat. We snorkeled in Hanauma Bay which was great exercise for about 2 hours. Today I swam laps and am going to do yoga as soon as I post this message. So, some of my extra calories will be burned up!

For now, please let me recommend a drink we invented. I call it a tropical mimosa. Fresh pineapple juice + champagne = YUMMY! We invented it became the hotel sent us a welcome bottle of champagne that was not what we usually drink so we went in search of fresh local pineapple juice and decided it is a delicious mixture! ALOHA for now!

Desire to invent yummy new drinks. Dedication to enjoying birthdays. Discipline to move more on vacation.

1 comment:

  1. The Tropical Mimosa sounds wonderful AND the vacay intinerary is awesome! That's a LOT of adventure! It all sounds so....Hawaiian ;-)

    ReplyDelete