Saturday, October 15, 2011

Back to Reality!

If we had unlimited funds and unlimited calories to spend, we would have stayed on the islands!  But, alas, reality dawned early on Friday morning as we headed back to work for just one day prior to a weekend!

Re-entry is unreal.  I still feel as if I am moving slowly, sort of swimming through Jello, or something like that.  On Friday morning, I opened my food journal and wrote: back to reality, back to skinny, back to discipline!  I knew that Friday was back to the straight and clean food road.  I didn't have any trouble jumping back to healthy food choices.  But I would be lying if I didn't admit that I miss the mai tais and other island treats! 

If we could have them everyday, then it wouldn't be a treat, right???  So, I am eating very clean until Thanksgiving Day.  That will be my next stop for culinary treats!  I can say "no thank you" to Halloween candy.  For some reason it doesn't tempt me.  Thank goodness!

Next week, I am attending a seminar and staying in a hotel.  So, today I prepared my baggies with 1/2 cup of oatmeal, and baggies of protein powder with psyllium husk added.  I will have the oatmel (150 calories) for breakfast and probably again for dinner.  The protein drink will be my afternoon snack.  I will have salad with lean protein for lunch.  It will be a great opportunity to control my portions and calories.  It will help to balance the excess of vacation.

This morning it was also back to the gym.  I did my normal Saturday morning cardio and weight training.  It felt really good to be back to that routine.  I really think our bodies crave routine and consistency to work at peak levels.

Desire to achieve balance.  Dedication to consistency and routine.  Discipline to jump right back to healthy choices following a vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your positive perspective about returning from vacay! I especially like the "Desire to achieve balance" part of these three "D's". I read it as the introduction/motivation for, what are for me, the more challenging "D's"...;-)

    ReplyDelete