Sunday, September 4, 2011

Celebrating Labor Day!

I hope you are enjoying a nice long weekend!  We are!  It is such a great time to pause and reflect on our many blessings of the "labors" in our lives:

Labors of working out - yesterday I was doing team training with Kathi.  It just so happened that the other 4 women working with her that day were significantly younger than I am.  I heard one of them move into an exercise that I had just vacated.  She tried to use the weights I had used and complained to Kathi - "these are impossible?  Who could lift these???"  Kathi pointed to me and said "she does".  The 30-something person said - "Jeeeeez - she is really strong!".  It made me feel happy to have developed my strength to where I am today.  I am strong and fit and today I pause to honor the labor it took me to achieve this level of fitness.

Labors of work - we all do something, some type of work to earn our way in this world.  If you are reading this and you are independently wealthy or just won the lottery, I salute you!  Most of us have to work for a living.  Our work takes many different forms and flavors, but it is work.  It is so easy to complain about going to work.  This weekend, I suggest we pause and reflect on the good fortune that we have work to do!  With so many people unemployed, if we have work to do, we should be very grateful!

Labors of finding nutritional balance - this is the category that repeatedly kicks my booty.  Yet, this weekend, I am grateful to have the sustained motivation to stay on my healthy journey, always seeking nutritional balance.  A friend of mine has found better health being gluten free.  She recently also came off of dairy.  She swears off of any fried food.  She eats minimal animal protein.  She is stick thin.  Her path is right for her.  I am toying with the idea of trying a gluten free plan.  Could gluten be holding me back from achieving greater health?  What about you?

Labors of love - God has been great to me in this category.  I am overwhelmed with the abundance of love in my life. Allen is the great romantic love of my life, an amazing supportive husband and life partner.  My parents, siblings and extended family members are specatular examples of a loving supportive network.  I treasure each one of them.  I am also blessed with the best group of friends on the planet.  Each one of the special people I am honored to call a friend is like a rare jewel, sparkling and priceless to me!

So, thank you, Universe, for all the wonderful reasons to celebrate Labor Day this weekend.

Desire to labor on what truly matters in life.  Dedication to investing labor for the highest returns in all areas of  my life. Discipline to labor long and hard to achieve lasting meaningful results.

1 comment:

  1. Now you are officially "Wonder Woman"!! Rockin' workout weights not manageable by someone 20 years younger?! Yahoo!

    And...I'm tearing up reading your gratitudes & the best "Triple D" signout ever! (I know, I say that a lot!)

    ReplyDelete