Friday, September 16, 2011

Back to the Beginning - Success!

So, following the celebrations for my parent's 60th, I returned to my original diet plan to get back on track.  Now, I did not go hog wild at all.  All I did was have a few glasses of wine, bites of some deserts, a piece of bread with olive oil...you know the drill. A bite here, a nibble there, a few sips of something else yummy, and the next thing you know, you are staring at a higher numbr on the scale.

NOT TO WORRY! I am happy to report that I dropped 3 pounds this week!  I went back to egg whites, lean proteins, lots of vegetables like lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, edamame, some avocado, small amounts of nuts, olive oil, one piece of fruit a day, decaf tea and coffee, I had small cheese crumbles on 2 salads, I had oatmeal one morning and I enjoyed adzuki beans.  I did allow myself a sugar free popsicle (15 caloreis) at night as a sweet treat. 

So, my body reacts well (aka drops weight) when I eat this way.  I know it means no sugar, bread, crackers, chips, rice, pasta, potatos, very little dairy, low fat, etc but at least I know what I respond to!

So, I am going to do this for 2 more weeks, then take a birthday break and jump right back in!  I am happy and excited.  It feels goo to be on track!  JOIN ME IF YOU WANT TO!

Desire to drop more weight.  Dedication find what works.  Discipline to follow my best path.

1 comment:

  1. I'll join you for your "birthday break" ;-) Hahahah...And I'm excited to be able to join you in person, soon, for workouts, healthy meals & LOTS of laughing!

    ReplyDelete