Sunday, November 17, 2013

It's the Holidays - Let's All Hang in There!

It is the most wonderful time of the year!  I love the holidays and yet, of late, I find myself feeling overwhelmed with activity and obligation.

This year, I am going to approach things differently.  My husband and I agreed we would protect our Sundays so we would have 50% fewer weekend "things" we needed to do.  We are making a concerted effort to simplify this year.  We have been tapering off the number of gifts we purchase for Christmas for several years.  I am committed to NOT gaining weight this season, which means I will taper off the number of treats I consume.  Nothing will cross these lips unless it is 100% certified completely worth the extra calories!

This season, I have a distinct focus, and that is little Nathan Reid Massa, born on November 14th.  He is my nephew's son, which makes me a Great Auntie.  I know I have always been a great aunti to our 17 nieces and nephews, but now I officially a GREAT AUNTIE!  Tee hee.  When I met him Friday afternoon, I told him I was going to hold him all day on Thanksgiving, and that real soon I would get to be a babysitter.  He is a precious bundle of perfection and wonder and we are so blessed to have him in our lives!  He represents such a beautiful component of my healthy journey - love, health, promise for the future and pure joy!

So, what will your healthy focus be this season?  I hope it is something as wonderful a little Nathan!

Desire to seek balance.  Dedication to my new grand nephew.  Discipline to honor carefree Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment