Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy Summer Solstice!

It's hard to believe that the summer solstice has already come and gone.  It means we already had the longest day of the year! 

It is a great time of year to try to tap into the natural rhythms of the season.  Since the days are longer and lighter, it certainly can do away with the "I don't have time to exercise" excuse!  Since the weather is warmer, it can do away with the "it's too cold to go outside and exercise" excuse.  Since the summer fruits and vegetables are abundant it eliminates the excuse of "there isn't anything healthy to eat".

I have rediscovered a wonderful farm in San Diego called Chino Farms.  It is about 15 minutes from my house.  It is all organic.  I have been buying their Italian curly kale for my breakfast vege scramble.  It is delicious with fresh squash and egg whites and avocado.  I highly recommend it as a delicious breakfast to start your day.

So buy more fresh produce, get outside and exercise more and take advantage of more daylight to fit it all in!

Desire to enjoy summer.  Dedication to make breakfast everyday.  Discipline to exercise all summer long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment