Sunday, June 9, 2013

Get Up and Move Challenge

My company is very focused on wellness.  Wellness challenges are issued every other month.  If you choose to participate, you can earn points towards wellness rewards.  Wellness challenges so far have included Sugar Busters: no sugar for 20 out of 30 days and Hydration: drink at least 10 glasses of water each day, and others.

Last week we started a challenge called Get Up and Move.  The "challenge" is to be in motion for 600 minutes within 30 days.  That is only 20 minutes of motion each day.  It can be any type of exercise, walking, jogging, swimming, biking, cross trainer etc.  We can report up to a maximum of 90 minutes a day.  

It made me think about how much more exercise I do than, apparently, the average person.  In a typical week, I do 360 minutes a week which is 1,440 a month (I think my math is right).  What about you?

So, get up and move and contribute to your healthy journey!

Desire to move.  Dedication to move.  Discipline to move.

1 comment:

  1. I think you exercise more than your math figured out...And it is more than the "average bear"! That's a good thing! I'm closer to the 'Get up & move' goal of averaging 20 minutes a day...Waaay too little. My goal is to 'up that' over the Summer! (LOVE the 3-D's this week! Inspired to move!)

    ReplyDelete