Saturday, February 4, 2012

Super Bowl or Super Calories?

Beware of the evil Superbowl menu items that can send a healthy journey into a tailspin!  Instead of going to a party at someone else's house, we are hosting at our house.  I am making a butternut squash hummus with raw veges for dipping, slow roasted lean baby back ribs and cabbage salad with jicama, black bean, corn, carrot and shaved parmesan with lemon and olive oil.  Dessert will be fresh fruit salad.

Today, I almost caved in and bought freshly baked baguette and chips.  I resisted the temptation.  The menu is healthy and yummy.  If people go home and eat something else, then so be it.

I know I sound a little "on the edge", but I am a woman on a mission.  I have managed to drop 2 of the pounds that I picked up over the holidays so I am going in the direction I need to!

My new favorite exercises are with the TRX bands.  Who knew that there were so many things you could do with just your body weight and these suspended bands.  They are really fun!  If you get a chance, give them a try!

Desire to watch the Superbowl commercials without gaining weight.  Dedication to making more of my own food to control the nutrition.  Discipline to keep the freshly baked baguettes out of my grocery cart!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome menu. I'm making turkey breast asparagus and quinoa. Go Giants!!

    ReplyDelete