Sunday, August 21, 2011

Treats, Treats, and More Treats!

We have been having so much fun with my beautiful niece!  If ever there was something to celebrate, it has been her visit this summer!  We have been having fun everyday!  On top of exceptional workouts together, we have also been shopping, spa-ing and enjoying the occassional treat!  Yes, I have, in the course of 1.5 weeks, managed to pick up a few extra pounds!  I decided to not freak out about it, but instead, to enjoy the love that it represents. 

I love myself enought to buckle down on Tuesday (when she goes back to college) and return to a very measured eating plan.  Now, mind you, I have NOT been going hog wild, by any stretch of the imagination.  But I did have a glass of wine today and 3 bites of her pancakes this morning and then some fat free frozen yogurt after dinner today.  It may not seem like much, but my body responds to these extra calories and stores them as extra weight.

The amazing thing is that an extra pound is supposed to be due to 3,500 extra calories.  I can promise you that I have not ingested that many "treats"!  But my body responds the way my body responds and that is my reality.

So, again, I will breathe, accept, refocus and move forward.  I do love the love that Alex brings with her!

Tomorrow, my Mom, Alex and I are going to the fantastic La Costa spa.  It will be glorious to have 3 generations of Massa's at the spa together!  Wish us well!  Wish you could join us!

Desire to love and cherish generational continuity.  Dedication to celebrate love.  Discipline to honor my bodies needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment